Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Switched




"SWITCHED"




Of days long ago and memories dim,
 I think I recall when my waist was thin.
And at times in my mind: and it may be a trick,
I think I recall when my hair was thick.

It's just not fair it seems I'm bewitched,
Now that I'm older it appears that they've switched.
And now that my middle is up on my top,
My front is behind me, when will it stop.

I swear that it's true, that once I was thin,
And you may not believe it, but I once had one chin.
The wrinkles and spots have developed with age,
It's going to get worse; observed an old sage.

Now that I've said it I'm glad that it's out,
There's no reason to worry to fret or to pout.
I can't do a thing, Mother Nature did win,
'Cause my waist is still thick and my hair is still thin.



                                                                                                 R.D.Bruss

No comments:

Post a Comment