Wednesday, June 12, 2019

SOME DAY









SOME DAY”


Some day I may wake up and not recognize my spouse. Some day after my children visit I may ask “who were those people.” Some day I may forget how to tie my shoes or how to use a fork or drink from a glass. Some day I may not remember how to button my shirt or buckle my belt. Some day I may not remember how to use a brush or a curling iron. Some day I may have forgotten how to create beautiful paintings or how to make music with my guitar. Some day I will probably irritate someone by repeating my stories over and over, and some day I will become confused when I try to tell my stories.

Some day I may find a place where the people love me and accept me as I am. A place where they treat me just like they treat everyone else. Some day I will feel that I am the best dancer in the world or that I have drawn the best picture ever drawn. At this place no one will be upset if I dribble soup on my shirt or spill coffee on the table. At this place it will be okay if I don't like my lunch or it takes me twice as long as everyone else to finish it. At this place I will not be criticized if I can't follow instructions but will be encouraged to keep trying. At this place we will become family. They will rejoice when I am there and will be concerned about me when I am away. They will know my family, my children, my grandchildren, and my spouse.

Some day, at this place, my family will know that I am safe while they are enjoying some much needed time to themselves. They will know that my welfare is as important to my family at this place as it is to my family at home. They will know that I am safe, that I am cared for, and that I am loved.

Some day I may need to leave this place for one reason or another. But my family here will never forget me. They will remember that I knew every word to every song or that I could teach someone else to do the “shag”, or that I knew everything there was to know about golf balls, or that it was my job to inform everyone when “exercise is officially over”.

Some day someone else will enjoy this place. Some day someone else will sing all of the words to every song or teach the dances that I have taught. Some day someone will know the love that I have known.

Some day someone else will know the love that is “GRACE ARBOR”.

SOME DAY”

RDB
2019




No comments:

Post a Comment